- Russian Hackers Steal NSA Spy Secrets
- US Shale Companies Ease Up on Drilling
- End year at 9.69 million barrels a day, down from 9.82
- Hiring 50,000 office workers, mostly software developers
- Illegal Entry to US Gets Rarer, Riskier
- President’s harder line, longer-term trends make SW border tougher to sneak across
- Price Pressures for Renters Begins to Ease Down
- Those that spend more than 30% of incomes on rent
- Fell from 48.9% to 47.7% between 2012 and 2015
- Iraq Drives ISIS From Stronghold
- Turkey Arrests US Consulate Worker
- Saudis, Russia Get Closer
- NATO to Increase Funding for Counterterror Programs
- Catalan Parliament Session Blocked
- Prospects for a Gun – Measure Deal Grow
- Legislation restricting rifle accessory used in L.V. gunman draws GOP support
- Columbia Sets $100M to Diversify Faculty
- Ishiguro’s Quiet Power Claims the Nobel Prize
- Opinion – Why America Needs Tax Reform
- Trump needs to stress the growth payoff and rebut falsehoods from critics at the Tax Policy Center.
- Finge Clips Rank High on YouTube
- Google looking to promote more reliable content
- Uber Steers Steadier Course
- Forget bitcoin, IMFcoin could be the digital future of SDRs
- IMF – International Monetary Fund
- SDR – Special Drawing Rights (ISO 4217currency code XDR, also abbreviated SDR) are supplementary foreign-exchange reserve assets defined and maintained by the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The XDR is the unit of account for the IMF, and is not a currency per se.
- Ship Building Alliance to Target Asia
- SpaceX Aims to Launch at Fast Pace
- Planning 30 launches next year (50% of total)
- There are about 60 launches each year
- Netflix Raises Prices as Content Tab Balloons
- Honeywell Pursues Purchase of Evoqua
- Honeywell International Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate company that produces a variety of commercial and consumer products, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments. The company operates four business units, known as Strategic Business Units – Honeywell Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies (HBT), Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies.
- Evoqua is the global leader in helping municipalities and industrial customers protect and improve the world’s most fundamental natural resource: water. We have a more than 100-year heritage of innovation and industry firsts, market-leading expertise, and unmatched customer service. Our cost-effective and reliable treatment systems and services ensure uninterrupted quantity and quality of water, enable regulatory and environmental compliance, increase efficiency through water reuse, and prepare customers for next-generation demands.
- Nostalgic Beef Slogan Makes Cut
- “It’s What’s For Dinner” Slogan
- Beef consumption in the US declined 15% in the decade through 2015
- Facebook Cut Russia from Report on Election
- FB under fire for playing down role of influence campaigns
- Equifax timeline Criticized
- New Federal Rule Clamps Down on Payday Loans
- OPEC Pushes Russia to Stick to Plan
- The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries is a group consisting of 12 of the world’s major oil-exporting nations.
- OPEC was founded in 1960 to coordinate the petroleum policies of its members, and to provide member states with technical and economic aid.
- Treasury Yields Climb to 3-Month High
- Financial, Tech Stocks Fuel Rally
- Data Center Firm “Switch” Prices IPO Above Range, Raises $531 Million
- Switch Inc.
- Pricing is latest sign of strengthening in tech initial public offering space.
- The data-center company that powers businesses of Amazon.com Inc., eBay Inc. and other tech companies is the latest to cash in on a renewed interest among investors in technology IPOs.
- After pricing above the $14-to-$16 range it initially outlined to investors, Las Vegas-based Switch Inc.’s initial public offering raised roughly $531 million Thursday, excluding shares allotted to underwriters.
- Shares sold at $17 apiece, valuing the company at roughly $4.2 billion.
- IPO Price
- Gold Loses Luster as Global Angst Eases
- Bad Timing for Monte Dei Paschi
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Known as BMPS or just MPS is the oldest surviving bank in the world and the third largest Italian commercial and retail bank by total assets.
- BMPS and Banco BPM, Banco BPM overtook BMPS as the third largest bank in terms of total assets on 31 December 2016. Since the end of 2016, BMPS has been struggling to avoid a collapse.
- Founded in 1472 (545 years ago) by the magistrates of the city state of Siena, Italy, as a “mount of piety”, it has been operating ever since. In 1995 the bank, then known as Monte dei Paschi di Siena, was transformed from a statutory corporation to a limited company called Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (Banca MPS).
- The Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena was created to continue the charitable functions of the bank and to be, until the bailout in 2013, its largest single shareholder.
- Today Banca MPS has approximately 2,000 branches, 26,000 employees and 5.1 million customers in Italy, as well as branches and businesses abroad. A subsidiary, MPS Capital Services, handles corporate and investment banking.
- This Market Bubble Isn’t Everything It Appears to Be
- 5 Biggest Bubbles
- Real estate
- Credit Bubble
- 5 Biggest Bubbles
The entire front of the main building features iconic curved glass windows, letting employees look out at the rest of the campus, which will be covered in greenery and an orchard. Along with the primary building that will house 13,000 employees, there’s an underground auditorium for hosting events, a fitness center, a cafe, and a visitor’s center. Underground parking is available, and there are also two research and development facilities located nearby.
At its October 15, 2013 adjourned regular meeting, the Cupertino City Council approved the Apple Park project.
Most of the 175 acre area is located on the former Hewlett Packard (HP) campus and is bounded by I-280 to the south, Wolfe Road to the west, Homestead Road to the north and North Tantau Avenue to the east. The replacement and rebuild proposal includes:
- Demolition of approximately 2.65 million square feet of existing office, research and development buildings;
- Construction of:
- An office, research and development building comprising approximately 2.8 million square feet;
- A 1,000 seat corporate auditorium;
- A corporate fitness center;
- A central plant;
- Research facilities comprising up to 600,000 square feet located east and west of Tantau Avenue between Pruneridge Ave and I-280;
- Associated parking
The City’s Review consisted of:
Read about my thesis on “technology-driven” space while at School of Architecture at NJIT: Click Here
On August 21st, 2017, The College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University hosted an impromptu gathering for
#SolarEclipse2017, which attracted a few dozen spectators and participants utilizing various scientific apparatuses to view the partial solar eclipse in from the new LEED Gold Center for Environmental Life Science Building (nick named CELS for short). (You can see me running around in high speed in my khakis, blue shirt and brief case by clicking here. Working at a University has its perks!)
Not only was it was a fun event – It was great to see such a great crowd and camaraderie from a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and visitors. It was a great opportunity for the campus community to come together for a great event. Science and the natural world connects us all and reminds us that we are not that different when it comes to who we are as human beings.
If you like this post, please share it with your friends.
5. The “lazzzer” – documenting existing condition dimensions has never been easier, my brand of choice: Hilti
4. The laptop – today’s technology allows us to “Architect” on the go, great models available for both pc and mac platforms but be sure to max out RAM, video, and get a solid state harddrive; if you are going with a mac like me, check out this sound advise
3. Twin 30″ displays – for cad work and photoshop at the office, today there are great choices under $1,000 for each display
2. Mobile phone – responding to clients and contractors on the go, from Blackberrys to iPhones to Droids, Architects cannot be productive without one
1. The Tablet – great for referencing drawings in the field, meeting minutes, and notes, I love my iPad, it’s my favorite device, most effective for the price and syncs with all my other hardware, can’t image living without it, next time I’m upgrading from Wifi to a network plan so I can be limitless
5. Microsoft Project – manage projects utilizing this software to track milestones, durations, critical path activities, delays and recovery, from predesign to post-occupancy
4. Microsoft Suite – boring, yes, but still most effective way to prepare proposals, spreadsheets, and presentations
3. Adobe Photoshop – makes our cool projects look even cooler
2. Adobe Acrobat Pro – this is an unbelievable investment to help organize data for printing, distribution, and easy access, I can’t image not being able to use this software
1. Autodesk Revit – allows us to design and document our designs in 3-D, visualizing and presenting our ideas in a way unimaginable 20-30 years ago. Clients love the 3-D renderings and Architects love the ability to coordinate between plan, elevation, and section. It’s definitely worthy of the investment dollars to gain productivity and the ability to design in a “real” three dimension environment – You get to build the building “virtually” before building the building.
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments.
If you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Frank Cunha III
I Love My Architect – Facebook
FC3 ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN, LLC
P.O. Box 335, Hamburg, NJ 07419
Licensed in NJ, NY, PA, DE, CT.
|Ever since the iPhone camera was invented, it’s aspired to be what it simply never quite could be: a DSLR. Sure, apps have helped your camera phone inch forward with simulated focusing F-X and faux filters.Faux no more. The iPhone SLR Mount gives you the real thing. It’ll set your phone photos apart from everyone else’s on Instagram in an unprecedented way (#nofilters!).This case-adapter combo lets you mount your Canon EOS or Nikon SLR lenses to your iPhone 4 giving your phone powerful depth of field and manual focus.Telephoto, wide angle, macro, or your fixed fifty lenses all attach to this mount giving you a full range of lenses at your iPhone lovin’ fingertips. Heck, you could even throw on a Diana adapter! Plus, you’ll be putting the SLR lenses you already have to use with the camera you use the most — your phone.Two loopholes on each end of the case let you tie on a camera strap, so you can hang it around your neck just like your real DSLR.Now that your favorite camera has it all, what’re you going to do with your DSLR? Purchase one here.|