Facebook’s Carolyn Everson @CEverson Responds To Tough Questions At Feliciano Center Fireside Chat @BizFeliciano #NJTech #NJBiz #MBA #Facebook #ilmaBlogPosted: April 17, 2019
On April 9, 2019, Carolyn Everson the VP, Global Marketing Solutions, at Facebook joined us at Montclair State University to discuss her role at Facebook, and her career path that includes stints at Microsoft, Viacom and other companies. The event took place at University Hall Conference Center, 7th Floor (Click here for event information).
The following is an article written by Esther Surden and Frank Cunha III for NJ Tech Weekly.
We would love to hear from you about what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments – and – if you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Working with our consultants and contractors we were able to transform worn out old spaces into new energetic spaces for creative art students.
My Role: Project Executive
A/E: SSP Architects & Whitman
Contractor: Brahma Construction
AV Integrator: Tele-Measurements
Client: Montclair State University, College of the Arts
- Russian Hackers Steal NSA Spy Secrets
- US Shale Companies Ease Up on Drilling
- End year at 9.69 million barrels a day, down from 9.82
- Hiring 50,000 office workers, mostly software developers
- Illegal Entry to US Gets Rarer, Riskier
- President’s harder line, longer-term trends make SW border tougher to sneak across
- Price Pressures for Renters Begins to Ease Down
- Those that spend more than 30% of incomes on rent
- Fell from 48.9% to 47.7% between 2012 and 2015
- Iraq Drives ISIS From Stronghold
- Turkey Arrests US Consulate Worker
- Saudis, Russia Get Closer
- NATO to Increase Funding for Counterterror Programs
- Catalan Parliament Session Blocked
- Prospects for a Gun – Measure Deal Grow
- Legislation restricting rifle accessory used in L.V. gunman draws GOP support
- Columbia Sets $100M to Diversify Faculty
- Ishiguro’s Quiet Power Claims the Nobel Prize
- Opinion – Why America Needs Tax Reform
- Trump needs to stress the growth payoff and rebut falsehoods from critics at the Tax Policy Center.
- Finge Clips Rank High on YouTube
- Google looking to promote more reliable content
- Uber Steers Steadier Course
- Forget bitcoin, IMFcoin could be the digital future of SDRs
- IMF – International Monetary Fund
- SDR – Special Drawing Rights (ISO 4217currency code XDR, also abbreviated SDR) are supplementary foreign-exchange reserve assets defined and maintained by the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The XDR is the unit of account for the IMF, and is not a currency per se.
- Ship Building Alliance to Target Asia
- SpaceX Aims to Launch at Fast Pace
- Planning 30 launches next year (50% of total)
- There are about 60 launches each year
- Netflix Raises Prices as Content Tab Balloons
- Honeywell Pursues Purchase of Evoqua
- Honeywell International Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate company that produces a variety of commercial and consumer products, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments. The company operates four business units, known as Strategic Business Units – Honeywell Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies (HBT), Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies.
- Evoqua is the global leader in helping municipalities and industrial customers protect and improve the world’s most fundamental natural resource: water. We have a more than 100-year heritage of innovation and industry firsts, market-leading expertise, and unmatched customer service. Our cost-effective and reliable treatment systems and services ensure uninterrupted quantity and quality of water, enable regulatory and environmental compliance, increase efficiency through water reuse, and prepare customers for next-generation demands.
- Nostalgic Beef Slogan Makes Cut
- “It’s What’s For Dinner” Slogan
- Beef consumption in the US declined 15% in the decade through 2015
- Facebook Cut Russia from Report on Election
- FB under fire for playing down role of influence campaigns
- Equifax timeline Criticized
- New Federal Rule Clamps Down on Payday Loans
- OPEC Pushes Russia to Stick to Plan
- The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries is a group consisting of 12 of the world’s major oil-exporting nations.
- OPEC was founded in 1960 to coordinate the petroleum policies of its members, and to provide member states with technical and economic aid.
- Treasury Yields Climb to 3-Month High
- Financial, Tech Stocks Fuel Rally
- Data Center Firm “Switch” Prices IPO Above Range, Raises $531 Million
- Switch Inc.
- Pricing is latest sign of strengthening in tech initial public offering space.
- The data-center company that powers businesses of Amazon.com Inc., eBay Inc. and other tech companies is the latest to cash in on a renewed interest among investors in technology IPOs.
- After pricing above the $14-to-$16 range it initially outlined to investors, Las Vegas-based Switch Inc.’s initial public offering raised roughly $531 million Thursday, excluding shares allotted to underwriters.
- Shares sold at $17 apiece, valuing the company at roughly $4.2 billion.
- IPO Price
- Gold Loses Luster as Global Angst Eases
- Bad Timing for Monte Dei Paschi
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
- Known as BMPS or just MPS is the oldest surviving bank in the world and the third largest Italian commercial and retail bank by total assets.
- BMPS and Banco BPM, Banco BPM overtook BMPS as the third largest bank in terms of total assets on 31 December 2016. Since the end of 2016, BMPS has been struggling to avoid a collapse.
- Founded in 1472 (545 years ago) by the magistrates of the city state of Siena, Italy, as a “mount of piety”, it has been operating ever since. In 1995 the bank, then known as Monte dei Paschi di Siena, was transformed from a statutory corporation to a limited company called Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (Banca MPS).
- The Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena was created to continue the charitable functions of the bank and to be, until the bailout in 2013, its largest single shareholder.
- Today Banca MPS has approximately 2,000 branches, 26,000 employees and 5.1 million customers in Italy, as well as branches and businesses abroad. A subsidiary, MPS Capital Services, handles corporate and investment banking.
- This Market Bubble Isn’t Everything It Appears to Be
- 5 Biggest Bubbles
- Real estate
- Credit Bubble
- 5 Biggest Bubbles