Augmented Reality Enables Children to Learn in the Real World #ilmaBlog #Education #VR #Technology #Classroom #MyUniversityArchitect #ArchitectPosted: April 14, 2019
MBDs (Mobile broadband devices, or smartphones) allow students to access and collect additional information and clues. Students use EcoMOBILE activities developed with an augmented reality application, to navigate between “hotspots,” view information, answer questions, and observe virtual media overlaid on the physical pond.
Students can capture pictures, video, or voice recordings and take these back to the classroom to help make sense of school lessons. Through augmented reality we provide students with visualizations that would not otherwise be apparent in the natural environment (for example, virtual x-ray vision so that they can “see” a virtual carbon atom as it moves through the processes of photosynthesis and respiration).
These augmented reality experiences allow students to conceptualize and discuss processes and complex relationships that are otherwise difficult to describe or visualize.
We would love to hear from you about what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments – and – if you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Thank you for all the support and encouragement over the years. Here are some of our favorite blog posts about technology and innovation related to the field of Architecture:
- High Performance Building Design
- 3-D Printing
- Connected Spaces
- Benefits of Using Digital Twins for Construction
- Digital Twins
- Drone Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Immersive Experience in Architecture
- Smart Cities
- Big Data in Architecture
- Creating High Performance Buildings through Integrative Design Process
- Forget Blueprints, Now You Can Print the Building
- The 7 Dimensions of Building Information Modeling
- Parametric Architecture and Generative Design System
- Architecture Robots
- Internet of Spaces
- Sustainable Design Elements to Consider While Designing a Project
- What is a High Performance School?
- What is BIM? Should Your Firm Upgrade? by @FrankCunhaIII
- Renewable Wave Power Energy
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments – and – if you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!