Many architects feel like their devotion to the practice of architecture is like worship of a secular religion.
Here’s a little fun with our secular religion…
The TEN Demandments of Architecture
by William J. Martin, Architect
- Thou shalt have no clients before thee…
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven 3D cadd images.
- Thou shalt not take thy name of thy clients or thy engineers in vain.
- Remember thy project deadline day, and keep it holy.
- Honor thy computer and thy coffee: that thy days may be long.
- Thou shalt not kill thy design critics…
- Thou shalt not commit building design insultery.
- Thou shalt not steel, unless wood or masonry doesn’t support thy design.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy building inspector official.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s contractors…
These are only the TEN Demandments, maybe you can think of a few more. Leave a comment and let us know !
Also Check Out These Great Posts:
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments.
If you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Frank Cunha III
I Love My Architect – Facebook
FC3 ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN, LLC
P.O. Box 335, Hamburg, NJ 07419
Licensed in NJ, NY, PA, DE, CT.