Understanding Classical Proportions in Architecture & Design #ILMA #ClassicalArchitecture #DesignPosted: August 16, 2018
The following is an easy to understand reference guide to understanding the basics of classical proportions:
- Vitruvius: The Ten Books on Architecture by
- The American Vignola: A Guide to the Making of Classical Architecture by William R. Ware
- The Five Books of Architecture by Sebastino Serlio
- Canon of the Five Orders of Architecture by Giacomo Barozzi da Vignola (Author), John Leeke (Translator), David Watkin (Introduction)
- The Four Books of Architecture by
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments – and – if you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!