Exclusive ILMA Interview with Aspiring Architect, John FernandesPosted: January 21, 2013
About John Fernandes
I grew up in the Ironbound section of Newark, NJ. Coming from a Portuguese family made it quite easy to live and socialize with people in the area. I’ve gone to Portugal pretty much every summer of my life. Being that I live in the country side of Portugal, I get the two different sides of the spectrum of living. After I graduated the 8 th grade from Ann St. School, I moved to Summit, NJ where I attended high school. I took many different electives that somewhat related to architecture and the construction industry.
My pursuit for a career in Architecture didn’t occur until I started to take architecture classes in my junior year. The pursuit also came from an architect who now happens to be a friend and colleague of mine, Frank Cunha. He designed the house I live in now and every time he came over to talk about his work, you can see he was very happy with his job. So deciding to take up architecture, I enrolled at NJIT, and soon saw why Frank had so much passion for his work. I easily fell in love with the idea of architecture and design. I am now in my last semester at NJIT and will be graduating in May 2013. I have also been working at a firm as an intern since November of 2011 and have worked on residential as well as commercial projects.
Also Check Out:
- ILMA Features Aspiring Architect, Ian Siegel
- ILMA Features Aspiring Architect, John Fernandes
- What would you say to young students thinking about a career in #Architecture? by @WJMArchitect
- Exclusive ILMA Interview with Tara Imani, AIA @Parthenon1 (Part 1)
- #EcoMonday Interview with Bill Reed (Part 1) hosted by @IMCInteriors and @FrankCunhaIII
- Exclusive Interview: Meet Architect Arnie Untoria of @USA_Architects
- @FC3ARCHITECTURE – Parachute Pavilion (Coney Island, New York)
- @FC3ARCHITECTURE – @DisneyPixar Make-A-Wish Tree House
- @FC3ARCHITECTURE – Architecture Shall Live On / Architecture Manifesto
- Team New Jersey To Make Precast Concrete Solar House Reality
- @RutgersU and @NJIT Compete in 2012 Solar Decathlon
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments.
If you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Frank Cunha III
I Love My Architect – Facebook
FC3 ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN, LLC
P.O. Box 335, Hamburg, NJ 07419
Licensed in CT, DE, FL, NJ, NY, PA.