Lessons For Architects And Designers – Pray to God for GuidancePosted: September 18, 2012 | |
Pray to God for Guidance
“I will pray for guidance, and I will pray as [an Architect], in this manner –
- Oh Creator of all things, help me. For this day I go out into the world naked and alone, and without your hand to guide me I will wander far from the path which leads to success and happiness.
- I ask not for gold or garments or even opportunities equal to my ability; instead, guide me so that I may acquire ability equal to my opportunities.
- You have taught the lion and the eagle how to hunt and prosper with teeth and claw. Teach me how to hunt with words and prosper with love so that I may be a lion among men and an eagle in the market place.
- Help me to remain humble through obstacles and failures; yet hide not from mine eyes the prize that will come with victory.
- Assign me tasks to which others have failed; yet guide me to pluck the seeds of success from their failures. Confront me with fears that will temper my spirit; yet endow me with courage to laugh at my misgivings.
- Spare me sufficient days to reach my goals; yet help me to live this day as though it be my last.
- Guide me in my words that they may bear fruit; yet silence me from gossip that none be maligned.
- Discipline me in the habit of trying and trying again; yet show me the way to make use of the law of averages. Favor me with alertness to recognize opportunity; yet endow me with patience which will concentrate my strength.
- Bathe me in good habits that the bad ones may drown; yet grant me compassion for weakness in others. Suffer me to know that all things shall pass; yet help me to count my blessings today.
- Expose me to hate so it not be a stranger; yet fill my cup with love to turn strangers into friends.
- But all these things be only if thy will. I am a small and a lonely grape clutching the vine yet though hast made me different from all others. Verily, there must be a special place for me. Help me. Show me the way.
- Let me become all you planned for me when my seed was planted and selected by you to sprout in the vineyard of the world.
Help this humble [Architect]. Guide me, God.”
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments.
If you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Frank Cunha III
I Love My Architect – Facebook
FC3 ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN, LLC
P.O. Box 335, Hamburg, NJ 07419
Licensed in NJ, NY, PA, DE, CT.